Simple Steps to Restore CR2 Files from Canon
There are many popular cameras available in the market like Nikon, Kodak, Canon, etc. to capture photos but most professionals and normal users utilize Canon camera to capture some lovable moments because of its outstanding and advanced technical features. These captured images are saved in .cr2 extension. This CR2 is nothing but a RAW image format supported by Canon device. As like other device you cannot avoid file loss from the Canon camera. This CR2 file loss may be due to some unforeseen reasons or human faults.
Real time scenario: “Last week when I went Mangalore with my friends, I took lot of pictures standing beside famous sculptures and with some actors. Those images were saved in my friends Canon camera in CR2 file extension. When we came back I asked him his camera to copy those images in my system. Soon after I connected the Canon device to my system, as usual I started scanning it for viruses. After antivirus scan is complete I realized that among 500 photos 100 were missing and that was due to virus attack. But I need those images which are deleted without any notice. Can anyone suggest me how to perform Canon CR2 files recovery?"
Images are the best remembrance of the wonderful moments. Losing those images is really a saddest thing but need not worry, for every problem there exists a solution. For this problem you can find a solution using reliable tool named Media File Recovery software. With the help of this toolkit, one can easily restore deleted videos, photos, etc. from the Canon’s memory cards within couple of mouse clicks.
Some common reasons for Canon CR2 file loss:
- Unintentional Formatting: Assume that one of your system partitions is full of junk files hence you think of formatting that partition so that you can use that space for adding some important files but wrongly you click on the drive indicating external device and format it. This formatting will erase entire data including your CR2 files from the Canon device.
- Accidental Clicking on Delete All Option: While sliding through all the photos you clicked previously, you may accidentally click on “delete all” option and face all files loss from the Canon device.
- Interruption during Transfer Process: When you are transferring some image folders of CR2 extension from Canon device to the system, if any interruption occurs like sudden system shut down or abrupt ejection of the device before completion of transfer process then you may face loss of selected CR2 files that are being transferred.
Once the CR2 images or any other files get deleted from the Canon device, the index files that stores file allocation information gets erased and become unrecognized by OS. Hence people think that data from Canon device is permanently deleted and start adding new files. Addition of new files will erase the deleted CR2 files which are still intact to the hard disk. Hence before making problem complicated by new file addition it’s better to use Media File Recovery software and start recovering canon cr2 files. And always keep in mind that, do not save recovered files in same location from where files are deleted.
Excellent features of Media File Recovery Software:
- Media File Recovery is the best application designed using some advanced algorithms that helps users in recovering Canon CR2 files on connecting it to both Windows and Mac based systems.
- This application not only recovers files deleted or formatted from canon device but it can easily rescue files deleted from various other cameras like Nikon, Pentex, etc. in quick span of time.
- Media file recovery wizard is capable enough to restore portable media player files such as audio, video, images, etc. in an efficient manner.
- By using free demo version of this product, you can easily know how to recover Canon CR2 files by following those simple instructions provided in the demo version.
- You can make use of this restoration toolkit as one of the best software to retrieve android files easily and quickly.
- By the help of this tool you can also get back files from Transcend CF card and various secondary storage devices.
Steps to retrieve Canon CR2 images:
Step 1: In order to recover CR2 files from the Canon device, user first needs to download recovery software and launch it on their computer. In the main screen, click on "Recover Photos" and proceed further to restore back all the deleted CR2 files as in Figure 1.
FIGURE 1: Main Screen
Step 2: From the new window in Figure 2, user need to select the option "Recover Deleted Photos" or "Recover Lost Photos" based on criteria and click on the next button to move ahead.
FIGURE 2: Second Screen
Step 3: Once you click the next button, a new screen with list of drives get displayed, in this new screen you have to select a Canon device to recover CR2 files.
FIGURE 3: Drive Selection
Step 4: Once the drive is selected, the software scans the portable Canon device and checks for all the deleted items and restores it back in a new location. User here can preview the files after the recovery process is over either in "Data Type View" or "File Type View" and hence if satisfied with the recovery process can save the retrieved file as in Figure 4.
FIGURE 4: Preview of Retrieved Files